Monday, January 9, 2012

Tim Tebow, John 3:16 And Forgiveness

Tim Tebow is a polarizing public figure. You either love him or despise him. I'm a Raider fan and have always disliked the Denver Broncos but a higher purpose has caused me to admire Tim Tebow. You see, Tim and I have something in common...no I'm not athletic, a quarterback nor do I live in Denver. Tim and I are fellow believers in the Lord Jesus Christ. Christ has forgiven Tim and me! It's interesting that Tim Tebow put John 3:16 on his eye blacking before the game against the Steelers. Monday the number one search item on Google was John 3:16!! I think that God has given Tim Tebow a unique stage in these last days and Tim is taking advantage of the opportunity by pointing others to the forgiveness that lies only in Jesus.
Amazingly, Tebow threw for 316 yards against the Steelers. Did you get that? Three hundred and sixteen...3:16! Even more amazing is the fact that his average yardage per pass was 31.6!!! I think there is something truly supernatural at work in Tebow's life and football performances. I think God is sending  not too subtle clues to an entertainment crazed world that His Word is true and that He is anxious to forgive all who will come to Him through His Son. Do I think the Broncos will win the Super Bowl? Well, I don't know and I don't gamble either but I do know this...John 3:16 is Tim Tebow's favorite verse and it is one of mine. When Jesus spoke those words to Nicodemus they were true then and they are true now! Have you believed upon Jesus as your Saviour? If not, watch the short video in the right sidebar and if you trust Christ today let me know I'll send you some literature to help you in your new walk with the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment