Thursday, February 14, 2013

How To Get Forgiveness From God -Good News, It Isn't Rocket Science!

A couple of weeks ago I had the privilege of receiving a phone call from one of my outstanding grand-daughters (I have four!). She wanted to discuss the subject of "how to get forgiveness from God" and we had a wonderful discussion. By the end of our conversation she had come to believe on and trust in the Lord Jesus as her own Savior. I had another opportunity a week later to discuss what the Bible says about assurance of salvation with her and talk about the subject of baptism. I praise God for her decision.
Did you know that every month 46 people in the world type in the exact phrase "how to get forgiveness from God" on Google? I don't know about other major search engines but Google's tools are pretty accurate and it breaks my heart that for most of those 46 people they had to go to the internet to search for an answer. Most of them did not have a believer to personally share the Word of God and explain how God forgives sinners.
Here are some bullet points of general information that the Bible tells us about how we can be made right with God and gain eternal life.


  • Understand that all men are sinners including you! (Romans 3:10; 3:23; Isaiah 64:6; Jeremiah 17:9; James 2:10)
  • Understand that the penalty for sin is death. (Romans 6:23; Ezekiel 18:20)
  • Understand that you must be perfect to enter Heaven.  (Revelation 21:27; Habakkuk 1:13; Psalm 5:4)
  • Understand that you can do nothing of yourself to be perfect. 
    (Ephesians 2:8-9; Galatians 2:16; Romans 4:5)
  • Understand that God has provided a Savior and imputes His righteousness to our account. (II Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 3:9; Isaiah 53:6; I Peter 3:18)
  • Understand that man needs only belief in the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior to be saved. (John 3:16; Romans 10:9-10; John 1:12; Acts 16:31)
  • Understand that you can know you are saved and forgiven and that you can never lose this blessed state.  (John 6:37-39; 10:28; I Peter 1:5; Hebrews 10:10-14; I John 5:13)                                 
Now the information I just shared is only a guide but here is a prince of preachers, Dr. Ralph Arnold who will explain this very simply. I love this man and he blesses me every time I listen to him. I hope he answers your question about forgiveness of your sins.



You can get forgiveness from God right now. The Bible stresses the need for immediate action. We simply don't know what the next hour holds and if you feel the call to trust Christ as Savior do it now. 2 Corinthians 6:2 says "For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation". Trust Christ and experience the peace of knowing you are forgiven.
  

2 comments: