Monday, January 30, 2012

Santorum: A Forgiven Man And A Loving Dad


Today I wanted share a story I read about Rick Santorum, I found this on NPR's site...http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2012/01/30/146105024/santorum-familys-trisomy-18-saga-casts-spotlight-on-sad-condition
Santorum's little 3 year old daughter has a disease that she acquired in the womb called trisomy 18. It is a disease involving the 18th chromosome in the human DNA. This defect kills nearly all children who develope it and it causes severe disabilities one of them being great difficulty in swallowing. This inability to swallow effectively results in numerous cases of aspiration pneumonia. His daughter, Bella, had a serious case of pneumonia last week and that is the reason that Santorum wasn't down in Florida campaigning. I just want to say that I'm a huge admirer of Rick Santorum because of his fierce pro-life stance and Bella is a living testimony to Rick's pro-life convictions. You see, most women find out about trisomy 18 before the baby is born and most women abort  the child. Yes, you heard me, I said child not "fetus". The Bible refers to babies developing in the womb as "children".
Genesis 25
21And Isaac intreated the LORD for his wife, because she was barren: and the LORD was intreated of him, and Rebekah his wife conceived.
 22And the children struggled together within her; and she said, If it be so, why am I thus? And she went to enquire of the LORD. 
Of course the "children" within Rebekah were Jacob and Esau and they were not referred to as a fetus or an embryo...they were children. Our murderous culture bristles at these kinds of comments but I would rather God be true and every man a liar. Thank God for men like Rick Santorum who didn't cast off a human life because it was flawed. And thank God the Father that He didn't cast off the whole of mankind because we were flawed in our very DNA with the defect of sin. All have sinned and there are none righteous no not one! I am so glad that He didn't dispose of me but He sent a Saviour, Christ the Lord! You might disagree with my pro life view but I don't think you can disagree with the fact that you are a hopeless sinner. Time is running out, His coming draws nigh and your death draws near. Have you been Saved? Are you forgiven? Check out the little video in the right sidebar and let me know if you trusted Christ as your Saviour.


No comments:

Post a Comment