Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sorry Roger Simon, But Jesus Forgives And Forgets Our Sins

I found this article in the Chicago Sun Times...click here.
Roger Simon wrote the article and I view it as another liberal trying to smear a Republican candidate for president so I take these things with a grain of salt. Roger is probably a slippery little liberal himself but I'm not here to make judgements which Roger is definitely doing in his assessment of Newt Gingrich.
The article is titled "Sins Forgiven, Not Forgotten?". He points to Newt's past transgressions and says that it is fair for all of us to hold these transgressions against Newt and that these "sins" are the reason Newt should not be a serious candidate for our lands highest office.
First, let me say that we all need to be very careful about dwelling on other peoples shortcomings since the Bible declares "there are none righteous, no not one" and "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God". Second, I don't like Roger's title. You see, the truth of the matter is that God through Jesus Christ forgives sin and forgets sin. That is something that human beings cannot do. We may have the power and the obligation to forgive but we do not have the capacity to forget.
Heb 8:12
For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

Heb 10:17
And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
I like good news, don't you? That my friends is good news! I have heard Newt Gingrich say that he has sought God's forgiveness and I'm not going to doubt him. That is between him and the Lord, and if he has sought God's forgiveness through Christ then God has forgotten his sins.
So much for Roger Simon and Newt. Let's talk about you...have you been forgiven or are your sins still in God's record books?  Are you struggling with guilt? Trust in what Jesus did on the cross to be sufficient payment for your sins. Believe in Jesus and God will forgive all your sins and forget all your sins! Watch the little video in the right side bar of this site...How To Be Forgiven In 3 Minutes. Come to Christ today.

No comments:

Post a Comment