Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stunt Plane Crash Reminded Me Of The Importance Of Being Forgiven!

This past Sunday I was sitting at my computer and noticed a story about a stunt pilot who had just died hours before in a bizarre stunt show accident. Since I live just a few miles from where this happened it really got my attention. Someone actually got the whole thing on video and loaded it on youtube, it was a gruesome and sobering thing to watch.
As I watched the plane loop and dive in the air I couldn't believe the events to follow. On his last vertical climb something went terribly wrong and the plane began to head straight to the pavement nose first. The plane hit with an abrupt explosion and then the whole pile of debris burst into flames. The whole thing lasted just seconds but it reminded me of something I've read in the Bible many times...

James 4:14
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.

Our lives loop and soar and then one day all of us will be gone and it will all seem like a whisp of vapour appearing then disappearing just as suddenly. If we are going to leave this world as a forgiven person we must tend to that matter right now, while we are alive and our minds are lucid. Have you trusted Jesus as your Saviour? Do it now while there is time!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment