Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Former Mouseketeer, Bonita Fields, Succumbs To Cancer - Another Reminder That Life Is Flying By!

I'm old enough to remember sitting in front of our old black and white television watching episodes of "The Mickey Mouse Club". That is why something touched my heart when I read about the death of Bonita Fields. Bonita became a Mouseketeer when she was only 12 years old in 1957. She made the cast of the popular children's series largely because of her excellent dance and voice talent. She was known as "Bonnie" on the air.

Bonita was born in Walterboro, South Carolina. After her career in the Disney series came to an end she continued to perform live at Disneyland. She had small parts in 1960's movies such as Kissin Cousins starring Elvis Presley, Bye Bye Birdie starring Ann Margaret and Funny Girl starring Barbara Streisand. Bonita returned to take part in the Mickey Mouse Club 25th reunion  and frequently appeared on Broadway.

In a small way Bonita is a part of my past as memories of her performances are buried in the folds of my mind. Her death reminds me that my own life is streaking by with lightning speed. The Scriptures capture it best when they describe our life as a "vapor" that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

I hope that Bonita Fields knew Jesus as her Savior. I hope that you are recognizing the brevity of your own life and that you, Dear Reader, have placed your faith in Christ. Check out this site and make sure you watch the little video in the right sidebar which explains how to be forgiven and "heaven bound" in three minutes. Do you have a memory of Bonita Fields? Share those thoughts in the comments box. Please watch the following poignant video tribute to Bonita.



No comments:

Post a Comment